May 19, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
Normally I avoid political commentary on my blog… but this just cracked me up! Run, sweetheart, run! http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=566f38d3-f06d-4291-a36c-1dbfbcd96acb
Ruttt roooo. Madonna‘s new album Hard Candy has hit the Internets and is available from all the usual suspects. I’m not telling ya’ how to get it. You know where she is. Go find her! She’s sticky and sweet. Full review coming next Tuesday!
OH…MY…GOD…NEW…MADONNA! VIDEO!!! She’s baaaaaaaaaaK! HOT HOT HOT. Feverish. Enjoy! Black smoke monster giving chase included.
Well done Madge!
Alright, I’m kinda biased to Miz Jackson. However her last album was a stinker. A few hot tracks but nothing to write home about. Well it’s 2008. Strap grandma down. It’s Janet’s latest — Discipline. Woah! It’s definately the soundtrack to the summer. Or my sex life. One of the two. Here are my favorite tracks.
- “Feedback” - The first single… hot hot hot, new sounds for Janet.
- “LUV” - Great beat, screams Pharrell.
- “Rock with U” - MY FAV!! OMG. Ohhh ohh. Strobe lights make everything sexy. Kylie Minogue eat your heart out. This will make you dance!
- “2nite” - Powerful, can the radio handle it? Probably not. Love the highs. Although a little cluttered, still good.
- “Greatest X” - 90′s throwback, tear factor
- “Good Morning Janet” - OK, OK it’s an interlude track but it’s techofun
- “Play Selection” - Stop it! Another interlude. Who’s she talking to??
- “The 1″ - Missy Elliot and punchy beats and layering, damn!
- “Curtains” - Soulful, slow and powerful
So bottom line. Listen to “Rock With You” and shake your butt. Janet’s back.
As a Hitchcock
fan nut I must say these are very well put together. Look it’s Jodie Foster in the Birds! Jodie Foster!!
Psycho, Vertigo, North by Northwest (my all time favorite Hitchcock movie) and the like at the link…
With Cloverfield one week away it’s time for some spoilers. Strategically leaked most definitely!
- Interwoven storyline of Rob and Beth’s relationship prior to
- Rob’s friend is unknowingly taping over the evidence of said prior relationship
- Taped evidence is of intimate moments
- Film begins with footage from the tape
- Footage is interspersed throughout the rest of the film
- Monster known as “Clover”
- Monster has “spooked” sensibility, disorientated and agitated
- Monster has been living under the water for “thousands and thousands” of years
- Monster first seen scratching back against building
- Monster’s scratching destroys said building
- Monster’s scratching releases parasites stuck to Monster’s back
- Parasites are “dog-sized” creatures
- Parasites can stick to things and climb walls
- Parasites have a “voracious, rabid, bounding nature, but they also have a crab-like crawl”
- Parasites have the “viciousness of a dog”
- Parasites move more rapidly than the Monster
- Parasites are “like little whirling dervishes that just destroy anything in their path”
- Parasites are “totally deadly”
It’s about time someone figured out how to build a vehicle powered by Pink Floyd and smoke machines. Now if only we could get Trent Reznor involved…
MTV, in a three part series, has outlined 2007 and the things that will lead to the eventual death of the record industry as we know it. Highlights include Madonna, Trent Reznor and Radiohead. Parts two and three show us how artists make money in other ways and the future of music distribution.
On the evening of the Wild West Film Fest I present a spooky delight to put fright in your night. Happy Halloween!
“Said to be the first fully interactive bar in the world, 24 will feature computer controlled projections that can transform images and video on a blank canvas wall with the click of a switch. There will also be hundreds of LED lights installed that will give the venue over 1,000 different color combinations. ”
2008 2009 Apple Awesome Barack Obama Blatant Mockery Chinese Democracy Chris Carter Cloverfield Download Dr. Pepper Fern FOX Free Fringe Google Guns N' Roses HD Indiana Jones Indigenous Wino iPhone iTunes J.J. Abrams Kansas City Live Live Blog LOST Madonna Microsoft Monster Movie NIN Nine Inch Nails Obama Premiere Season 5 Showbiz Pizza Sideshow Steve Jobs Trailer Trent Reznor Video Wild West Film Fest Windows 7 X-Files Movie
- BOO! 15 Famously Freaky Ghost Pictures
- Will Smith Teases First Six Minutes of “The Dark Night”
- Give Firefox Personality With Personas For Firefox
- REMINDER: Microsoft’s Free Support For Windows XP Ends Today
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Dr. Marcella Wilson on 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Michael Stults on OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Patrick Daniel on Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- weirdo on BOO! 15 Famously Freaky Ghost Pictures
- Lashawn Minnerly on Jack White and Alicia Keys Record New Bond Theme
- Angela Keck
- Blatant Mockery
- Carlson Fence and Deck
- Challenges Inc
- CNET's Buzz Out Loud
- Cory Robertson
- Digital Midwest
- Grizzly J Berry
- Guess What Sucks
- Indigenous Wino
- J. Andersen Ball
- Jay Luna
- Kansas City Lawn Service
- Kansas City Roofing
- Lost in the Supermarket
- Patrick Daniel
- Rocker Lips
- Sam Huntington
- Summer Camp Jobs
- Summer Camp Match
- Tony's Kansas City
Technology & Pop Culture Archives
- May 2011
- December 2010
- June 2010
- January 2010
- November 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007