December 9, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
Songbird is an open source media player which offers the same functionality as iTunes without all the DRM and music store distractions.
It’s available in Windows, Linux and Mac flavors and has a host of plugins for making it play nice with your iPod and iTunes DRMed mp3 files.
There’s even a built in web browser from the kind Mozilla folks who make Firefox.
I must say that after having used Songbird for a few months now I will never go back iTunes. Ever.
And why not pair it with Amazon’s DRM Free Music Store for a nice win-win situation?
- Give Firefox Personality With Personas For Firefox
- FireNes + Firefox 3 = Ultimate Distraction
- Help Firefox 3 Set A World Download Record
- Free Pixlr Plugin Turns Firefox Into Photoshop
- Steve Jobs And The Amazing Technicolor iPods
- Marriage Equality
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle