December 11, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
With the epic world record release of Firefox 3 last week (8 million downloads!) loads of extensions have been popping up to make your browsing experience even more enjoyable distracting.
FireNes will let you play 2000+ Nintendo games right from your sidebar within Firefox. You’ll need to install Java first (yea, I know, but get over it) and then the Firefox extension from the link below to get things going. Check the FAQ at the site for controls and make sure you click inside the game window to active them.
Double Dare, Bubble Bobble and Excite Bike included.
Work can wait.
FireNes (via Google translate)
- Free Pixlr Plugin Turns Firefox Into Photoshop
- Give Firefox Personality With Personas For Firefox
- Grand Opening: Inside the Sprint Center Revisited
- A Look Back With A New Look
- Get Ready For Windows 7 By Using Large Quick Launch Icons
- Marriage Equality
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle