December 8, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
If you ever need to Photoshop something on the fly or require more advanced photo editing than MS Paint can offer, Firefox and web-based editing software pixlr can help you out in a pinch.
The functionality is robust — allowing you to open and save images in popular JPG, PNG or BMP file formats, use layers and define custom brushes. Pretty much any basic to intermediate Photoshop task can be accomplished with ease.
And best of all there is no installation necessary — it’s 100% web based and 100% free.
Also go grab the plugin for Firefox which saves time when editing images from the web by adding right click “Edit image in Pixlr” menu integration.
A welcome time-saver for bloggers!
- Help Firefox 3 Set A World Download Record
- Give Firefox Personality With Personas For Firefox
- FireNes + Firefox 3 = Ultimate Distraction
- Mygazines.com Lets You Read Magazines For Free
- Big News from Trent Reznor
- Marriage Equality
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle