May 20, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
Apple.com today revealed the new rate plans for the iPhone. The base plan seems attractive to the casual consumer, albeit a tad on the expensive side. I like that they are bundling in the data plan. Early rumors suggested it would be an additional $40!
The existing AT&T customer can sign a two year contract and must pay an additional $20/month just to have the privilege of using the iPhone. LAME!
Interesting tidbit, The iPhone is capable of operating on any cellular network domestic or foreign. Apple has locked the phone to AT&T’s for two years! This means July of 2009 Sprint *might* be getting one.
My prediction is that the initial sales will be high. People will forget about it. The iPhone ‘line’ including the iPhone Nano will sell much better than this first iteration and people who have bought version 1.0 will be shamed at the dinosaur it will have become.
I’m not jealous, well okay I am a small bit…envious…of the elegance that is the iPhone interface.
My Sprint plan includes:
- 1000 anytime minutes
- Unlimited nights/weekends
- Unlimited text
- Unlimited internet
- First incoming minute free
I’m pretty happy with my TOUCH SCREEN, MP3 PLAYING, VIDEO WATCHING, INTERNET BROWSING Windows Mobile device. We’ve been doing this for 5 years already. *cough*
- Meet the Best iPods Ever!
- From Macworld: Apple Releases Macbook Air, Time Capsule, et al.
- Apple – iPhone – A Guided Tour
- Letter to the Mayor
- The Internet’s Oldest Domain Names
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle
- Where The Wild Things Are Trailer #2 Is Beautiful In Every Way