December 7, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
Posted by Bradley under Technology
Tired of that everyday, Fisher Price theme for Windows XP?
You can change it!
The ability to do this has been around for a while — most of the time involving hacking your XP install with some third-party files.
But from time-to-time Microsoft releases themes that are “official” and require no hacking.
Askvg.com recently stumbled onto the new “Embedded Theme” for Windows XP.
Oh and there’s that tacky Orange Zune theme. Umm. (Not x64 compatible, screw it.)
Enjoy the new look.
[IMG via askvg.com]
- Windows 7 RTM Available On TechNet At 10 AM PST
- Download Windows 7 Release Candidate Now, It’s Free Until June 1, 2010
- Jack White and Alicia Keys Record New Bond Theme
- Get Ready For Windows 7 By Using Large Quick Launch Icons
- OFFICIAL: Windows 7 Will Cost You $49 Or $99 (Well Not Really)
- Marriage Equality
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle