May 19, 2013
A Weblog by Bradley Cain
Technology & Pop Culture is your geeky guide to gadgets, new media and all things digital. We scrape The Tubes daily and funnel it into something decidedly delicious. Just for you.
Have a tip? Send it along to and we'll make it happen.
Posted by Bradley under Technology
Windows 7 is coming October 22, 2009 and is a significant step in the evolution of Windows as an operating system.
Sadly, it will cost you $119.99, $199.99 or $219.99 for Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate upgrades respectively.
But if you are a fanatical geek (or a smart consumer) you can score a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional for $49 or $99. That’s half off!
But there’s a catch.
You have until July 11 or “until supplies run out” to pre-order your copy from Microsoft at the link below. After that the price goes up to the regular, retail pricing.
It is worth noting that Best Buy and a handful of other retail stores will be participating in this offer if you like to rock your software brick and mortar style.
To put it in Microsoft’s words, “Sit back and smile. You scored.”
- Download Windows 7 Release Candidate Now, It’s Free Until June 1, 2010
- Get Ready For Windows 7 By Using Large Quick Launch Icons
- Windows 7 RTM Available On TechNet At 10 AM PST
- Windows 7 Surfaces On TechNet! Download Ahoy!
- REMINDER: Microsoft’s Free Support For Windows XP Ends Today
- OFFICIAL: Google Fiber Coming To Kansas City, Missouri
- Google Cr-48 Unboxing
- Custom Background Images Now Live On Your Google Homepage
- 22 Minutes Of The Technology Behind Avatar = Geekgasm
- Google Nexus One Unboxing
- 1986 Worlds Of Fun Theme Park Map Takes Me Back
- Blatant Mockery Productions Present: “GLOW” (NSFW)
- A 90 Second Look At The Fringe Season Two Premiere Tomorrow On Fox!
- Google’s Unexplained UFO Theme Continues With Latest Doodle
- Where The Wild Things Are Trailer #2 Is Beautiful In Every Way